Do you practice mindfulness?

Mindfulness
by drp
Question by It's Easy on "Mindfulness":

I was telling my psychiatrist that when I plan out my day and something goes wrong I freak out. I really get upset and sometimes cry. A lot of times it's something really silly but for some reason I just hate it. She told me to practice mindfulness and live in the now but it's easier said than done. Can you actually focus on your every movement and thoughts throughout the day?

Best Answer:

Answer by livestium
It takes a lot of practice to get to the stage of practising mindfulness all thru the day, but it takes very little time to get to the stage where mindfulness makes a real difference in our life. If your using breath awareness as part of mindfulness use it as a tool to be your anchor point when you feel you are going to freak out. This will allow you to stay focused on the present moment. After time your habits will change and mindfulness will become second nature. As with all things the more we practise the easier it becomes. Join one of the many mindfulness groups on facebook, there are plenty of people willing to share their experiences and provide support.

What do you think? Share your thought by leaving a comment here. Thanks



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OTC supplements for stress reduction?

What are some mindfulness practices?

Can Hindu Dharma Survive the atrocities made by terrorists and Chrisitian Conversions?