What do you say to someone who thinks veganism is hypocritical?

Veganism
by andydr
Question by javi_g956 on "Veganism":

it seems like every conversation i have with my brother always come back to my being a vegan. He try to tell me that everything is alive. saying that if i dont eat other living beings then why am I eating plants, cause they alive too. But then im like" its the same, you're comparing flesh&bone to leaves&stems ", but thats as far as i get. Any ideas? You know something that'll make sense and put'im in his place. I meant to say its NOT the same, typed to fast. we argue because we are brothers.

Best Answer:

Answer by Meg
I agree with your brother and here is my why, and maybe you can shed some light on it- vegans won't eat any animal byproducts and I was told by one that they won't drink milk because it was meant for a baby cow, they won't eat unfertilized eggs because they are suppose to be baby chickens, etch... but animals eat plants so isn't eating plants wrong? I don't mean this as an insult I really am wondering about it. Why do you and your brother argue about your eating habits anyway...what does it really matter What reasons would they be?

Got Another Answer? Share what you know in the comments. Thanks



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OTC supplements for stress reduction?

What are some mindfulness practices?

Can Hindu Dharma Survive the atrocities made by terrorists and Chrisitian Conversions?